Everyone wants to try the interesting Mac OS due to its great features but this is very difficult to do even after a lot of trying. This fantastic OS is either interesting to experience nor full of enjoyment features like latest apps, games or other working with it. The full installation of Mac OS on VMware is the best way to try this operating system and learn everything about Mac you’ve heard or seen, its not as hard as you think because in this guide I will show you how to install Mac OS X El Capitan on VMware, you can use this on VMware like using it on a computer then if you like to install it on your computer so we can help you install it by our next tutorial, let’s start.
Install Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11 on Vmware
There are several kinds or versions of Mac OS X, as we have talked about installing about Mac OS X Yosemite, Mac OS X Mavericks….
Before starting the installation, you need to download Mac OS El Capitan iso image and unlocker 208 from the links below.
Download Mac OS El Capitan(Google Drive)
Download Mac OS El Capitan(Utorrent)
After the downloading finished, extract them then install VMware from here, that’s ok if you have installed before.
1. Open Unlocker 208 then navigate to win-install and Run as Administrator.
2. Now open VMware and click on File>New Virtual Machine(Ctrl+N) then select Typical(Recommended) and click Next.
3. Select I will install the operating system later and click Next.
4. Now select Apple Mac OS X from operating system then select OS X 10.11 from version and click Next.
5. Name the virtual machine then select a location to install and click Next.
6. Specify the disk space then select Store virtual disk as a single file and click Next.
7. The virtual machine is ready to use now, click Customize if you want to add or remove something then click Finish to create the virtual machine.
8. When the virtual machine created, click on Edit virtual machine settings.
Note: Don’t start the virtual machine before the installation completes successfully otherwise the virtual machine installation will be failed then you have to do the steps from the first.
9. Navigate to Hard Disk then click Remove.
10. After the Hard Disk removed click on Add then select Hard Disk and click Next.
11. Here you don’t do anything, let all the settings by default just click Next.
12. Now choose use an existing virtual disk then click Next.
13. Click browse and choose the VMDK file from the extracted folder of downloaded Mac OS iso image and click Finish.
After finishing, you will be asked for converting the virtual disk, select keep existing format.
14. Now go to folder in which the virtual machine was created then navigate to the VMware virtual machine(vmx) and open it with Notepad.
15. Scroll down to the end and type Smc.version = “0” then press Ctrl+S to save it.
Now run the Mac OS X 10.11 virtual machine in VMware, it will start successfully then wait a minute to let Mac OS start.
Setting up Mac in VMware
1. When the virtual machine started, choose your country, if it wasn’t there then click on show all and select your country then click Continue.
2. Now select a keyboard layout, and click Continue.
3. Choose Don’t transfer any information now then click Continue.
4. Click Enable location services on this Mac because it will help improve abilities in your Mac.
5. Sign in with your Apple ID to use iCloud, iTunes, App Store, iMessage etc or choose don’t sign in then Click Continue.
If you don’t have Apple ID then here how to create an Apple ID without a credit card?
6. Click on Agree.
7. Now personalize your Mac by filling out the details according to yourself then click Continue.
8. Click Continue to send diagnostics and usage data to Apple automatically.
After continuing, wait a moment to set up your account then it will be started.
That’s all about installing and settings up Mac OS X 10.11 on VMware.
If you have any question, suggestion, idea for improvement regarding this, feel free to ask us or check out this article which might solve your problem.
Ok, feeling happy? Want to do more like this click the share button and let your friends also know about this.
- Related Articles: How to Install Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10 on VMware?